In SK2 we have had a very busy weeks masha'Allah!
In language we are practicing reading, and sounding out words. We took the letters: Cc, Kk, and Ee. We practiced writing in our journals, under the topic of RESPECT. We really enjoyed being read to by our grade four reading buddies!!!
In mathematics we finished writing in our 1-10 booklets, and will start focusing on the number word formation for each of these numbers. We also started comparing number groups with using the terms "fewer", and "more".
In science we will be talking about the three states of matter: liquid, solid, and gas.
During library period, our librarian Tr.Nancy read us a story, we sang our library songs, and then we got to check out our very own books! (Please make sure your child brings the library book in the book bag provided.)
In Islamic studies we discussed the important topic of respect, and how this can be practiced at school and at home.
In physical education, we practiced some yoga as well as some gymnastics!
- The Ottawa winter weather is kicking in, please make sure your child has the following items: mittens (it would be preferable to attach them to your child's jacket), warm winter hat that covers the ears, neck warmer (rather than scarf), layers of clothing, and appropriate outdoor shoes.
- We are now accepting extra snacks for our snack bank once again, jazakum Allahu khairan for those of you that have sent items in.
- If you have not sent in headphones for your child, please do so as soon as possible. Every Friday we will be having a computer lab period. During this period the children get to visit educational websites such as: starfall.com, and pbskids.org to practice different curriculum related concepts.
- Show and Tell for next week is SOMETHING WHITE.
- Next week there will be an early dismissal on Thursday, and a PD day on Friday.