Rahmatu Allah Wa Barakatuhu Alaikum Wa
Here are some updates from our class:
Phonics: In phonics, we have finished Jolly phonics workbook 6. Next week, we will be starting Jolly phonics workbook 7, Insha-Allah.
We read a book called “My Garden” and discussed the main idea of the story. We also read some other books about planting in Spring. We planted grass seeds in a cup and SK2 students are really excited to see the results in a few days Insha-Allah.
After reading a book, we wrote a journal prompt “What we would like to grow in our garden?”
- Read for 20 minutes with your child everyday.
- Play I spy games using the ch and sh and th consonant blends. For example, “I spy with my little eye something that starts with the ch sound.”
- Go to starfalls.com and readingbears.org to enhance your child’s reading skills.
We continued to learn how to read and interpret the data from graphs. We did lots of worksheets to practice graphs. On Friday, we made a graph about the favorite colour of friezes and after the activity, SK2’s enjoyed eating friezes in class.
We also introduced the concept of addition and will continue to work on it next week. insha-Allah.
- Have your child draw pictures on a calendar to record each day’s weather. At the end of the month, make a picture graph showing how many sunny days, rainy days, and cloudy days were there in that month.
- Play board games like Chutes & Ladders, Sorry!, Dominoes, etc. as they promote the development of counting skills, understandings of patterns, and numeral recognition.
- We watched a very interesting and educational video about parts of plants, and then we made an anchor chart together about plants.
- We also made a craft about flowers from recycled newspapers and leftover tissue paper. We then labeled the parts of plants.
- We learned and drew all the things (Sun, air, water, and soil) that plants needs to grow and labeled them.
We read the story of “Prophet Saleh and the camel” and discussed the theme of the story. We also continued to pray Jummah prayer in class. Great job SK2!
In order to integrate Math into Art, we made a spring Kite and decorated it with stickers. We wrote an addition sentence on the kite’s tail by adding up the stickers on both sides of the kite.
Jazakumullahu-khaira for your co-operation and support!