Rahmatu Allah Wa Barakatuhu Alaikum Wa
Here are some updates:
Phonics: In phonics, we have finished Jolly phonics workbook 7, Alhumdulilah. This was the last workbook in the Jolly Phonics series. We learned the following digraphs: qu, ou, oi, ue, er, and ar. Please check the link below for further practice at home:
We read fun books based on our “Pajama Day “ theme.
- Read for 20 minutes with your child everyday.
- Please help your child to read the book from their reading bag daily.
- Go to starfalls.com and readingbears.org to enhance your child’s reading skills.
Math: Subtraction in Action:
We sang the song “Five little monkeys jumping on a bed” and then played musical chairs to reinforce and practice subtraction.
We sang the song “Five Speckled Frogs.” Then, we used a pond mat and frog cut-outs to model the problem. Finally, we coloured and pasted our frogs on our own booklet and made a subtraction problem.
We also did an activity to practice subtraction using gold fish crackers. Sk2 had a blast eating goldfishes and solving subtraction problems at the same time!
· Have your child draw pictures on a calendar to record each day’s weather. At the end of the month, make a picture graph showing how many sunny days, rainy days, and cloudy days were there in that month.
· Have your children manipulate objects to figure out basic concepts in Math. For addition, they could add one, two, or more blocks to a pile of blocks and then tell you how many blocks are in the pile.
· Play board games like Chutes & Ladders, Sorry!, Dominoes, etc. as they promote the development of counting skills, understandings of patterns, and numeral recognition.
We started to learn about Farm animals.
Islamic Studies: We made a dua craft about the dua “Before and After Sleeping” and practiced praying Jumma Prayer in class.
Arts: We coloured funky pajamas on pajama day!
Pajama Day Fun:
On Friday, we celebrated the end of kindergarten nap time with “Pajama Day.” We hid in tents to read story books using our flash lights. As well, we also had a yummy breakfast of cereal and a croissant filled hot dogs. We also played lots of fun games and SK2 had a blast! Later in the afternoon, we ate popcorn and watched a movie!